The Sr. Commercial Analyst will demonstrate leadership in implementing and maintaining responsibility for a reporting system that gives a detailed analysis of the division’s sales results as compared to budgets, forecasts and prior years. This role will partner with the Foodservice sales team and lead the development of the annual sales plan, as well as reforecasts. The Sr. Commercial Analyst will report to the controller of the Foodservice Division.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Identifies sales performance by comparing and analyzing actual sales results with prior year, budget and forecasts.
- Develop detailed monthly sales analyses by customer, channel and item.
- Month end reporting for business unit internal reports, divisional and corporate requests.
- Partner with Marketing to formulate multi-year market strategies and their financial impacts.
- Develop full understanding of customer programs and discounts.
- Partner with sales team in the development of the annual sales budget and reforecast.
- Analyze a wide variety of data to identify opportunities to improve forecasting methods, including performance monitoring and reporting against expectations, trend analysis, and forecasts.
- Partner with operations team to ensure demand and sales planning are in sync.
- Develops value-added financial analysis for use by the organization to improve overall results. This includes customer profitability, product profitability, and SKU profitability analyses.
- Provides recommendations based upon trend analysis and performance vs plan.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Corporation and the community; maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics from an accredited College or University required.
· A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a Sales Analysis role required.
- A minimum of intermediate ability with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PPT, Word, Outlook) required.
- High level of communication skills, including effective presentation, verbal, and listening skills required.
· MBA preferred.
- Hyperion (HFM) experience highly preferred.